Monday, July 18, 2011

Facts!

Because I'm bored enough these days, here are some fun facts about me:

1. I can talk to squirrels. I make a little clicking noise and they will run right up to me and climb right up my leg. (The LaPorte/Sylvestres and Michael have seen me do this so I have witnesses!) I don't know what I'm saying in squirrel-speak that is so compelling. I hope it is not sexual.

2. The Boston Common & public garden is basically my favorite place on Earth. When I lived in Dorchester I used to stop there nearly every day on my way to work. I would basically live there if Boston ever had temperate weather for more than five minutes at a time.

3. I have enough autistic tendencies to really like the idea of routines and order, but enough ADD to hate actually following them. So I tend to obsessively make lists and schedules, follow them for about a day and a half, then throw them away.

4. I love swings more than anything in the whole world. If I owned a swingset I would never do anything else. (I do live around the corner from a park that has swings sized perfectly for a small adult, but I don't go there often because I don't want to be that creepy adult who is always hanging around the park by himself.)

5. I love slow, pretty, new-agey music like Loreena McKennitt, Secret Garden, Helen Jane Long, and George Winston. The older I get the more I listen to stuff like this instead of rock and pop music. I think I went directly from being 15 to being 75.

6. Even though I don't feel good about the way it's been appropriated by white Western middle class culture, I love doing yoga.

7. Growing up, I hated math and thought it was the cruelest form of medieval torture. Now I find it oddly therapeutic. There are no feelings involved, nothing to get upset about or be triggered by, and it takes all my concentration. Sometimes it's the only way to clear my mind.

8. When I was a little kid, I had an imaginary twin brother named Bobby. He was basically exactly like me and did everything I did, except he was a boy. Make of that what you will.

9. I basically think adults and adult culture suck. I'm pretty much an overgrown kid and most of my friends tend to be overgrown kids, or actual kids, or parents who are really devoted to their kids. I want to devote my life to making the world better for kids but I haven't figured out in what capacity I can do that and also earn a good enough wage to support my own family.

10. I've always wanted a guinea pig but I will never own one because I cannot tolerate that wheet wheet noise they make.

No comments:

Post a Comment