Friday, February 11, 2011

Alpaca!

My teacher died and I am sad and will also be doing many things this weekend in between being sad, so this week I am going to simply share with you some fun facts I have just learned about alpacas. See, I am only just learning about alpacas, so we can learn TOGETHER. Unless you are some sort of alpaca expert in which case you will probably find this post unamusing and maddeningly full of errors.

Fact #1: Alpacas are totally adorable and I want to hug them.

Their huggability is actually science.

Fact #2: Despite the apparently obvious sheepliness in the above photo, alpacas are not sheep.

They are however related to llamas and CAMELS.


Fact #3: Immediately before being shorn, alpacas resemble giant puffy sheepdogs.

An actual unshorn alpaca

Fact #4: Immediately after being shorn, alpacas resemble Colin Mochrie.

An actual shorn alpaca

Fact #5: I am just going to directly quote this fact from Wikipedia: "Because of the high price commanded by alpaca on the growing North American alpaca market, illegal alpaca smuggling has become a growing problem."

illegal alpaca smuggling
illegal alpaca smuggling
illegal alpaca smuggling
illegal alpaca smuggling

Fact #6: I am tired of learning fun facts about alpacas and I want to go back to bed.

GOODNIGHT INTERNET SCOUTS

No comments:

Post a Comment